He's Alive!

He's Alive!

Friday, January 24, 2014

I have decided to do what I know works for me….to only eat if I am truly hungry and to pray or read Scripture for 10 minutes prior to eating so as to determine if it is indeed stomach hunger or if it is heart hunger. I lost 68 pounds in 2012 using my fitness pal and walking. I then found out I was pregnant and had to stop the weight loss. My son is now 9 months old and unfortunately I have gained back all the weight I worked so hard to lose except 20 pounds (and it is not all from the pregnancy).
 

I want to share a victory I had this morning. I had little sleep last night thanks to my baby wanting to have play time in the middle of the night. To be honest I am just plain exhausted today. Satan loves to attack when I’m not at my best and he did. I ate breakfast at 7am, did my daily Bible reading, journaling and read chapter 3 of M2C. I then went back to sleep for awhile. I woke up “starving”. I fed the baby then went straight to the fridge. I opened it about 20 times before I realized what I was doing (thankfully I had not yet found anything appealing to eat – thank You Jesus!). When I realized what I was doing I immediately started praying asking God to fill whatever void I am feeling and shower me with His presence. He did! I immediately knew this was heart hunger, not stomach hunger. I can’t pinpoint the void I was dealing with, but I do know that He filled it. 

 Satan loses, Jesus wins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment