He's Alive!

He's Alive!

Thursday, January 23, 2014

I am so excited to be on this new journey.  I have the leaders kit headed my way and can't wait to see how God uses my struggles/victories for Him.  I can't wait for March to get here so I can start a group here locally.  I am truly inspired.  

I had an interesting conversation with God this morning.  I was tired and didn't want to get up early, but He had other things in store for me.  It went like this:

God:    Tami
Me:     Yes Lord
God:    Come have quiet time with Me
Me:     I just want to go back to sleep for a while
God:   It's our time
Me:   Just one day to sleep in?  We can study at any time of the day
God:   It won't be quiet later.  Kaleb will be up, the phone might ring.  You have a lot to do today.  and how can you be an example to the husband I've given you if you resist and stay in bed?
Me:   Okay Lord.  I'm getting up.  I know you reward obedience.  and I really do enjoy our time together in the mornings.  Thank you Lord for pushing me to get up to spend my time with You.  I love You!
God:   Remember, sometimes it means taking up your cross, denying self and leaning on Me for strength.

It was so awesome to hear the voice of my Abba Father speaking to me first thing in the morning.  I had just a few minutes prior given the baby a bottle and I so badly just wanted to get another hour of sleep.  I am so thankful that He pursued me and did not just say okay then have it your way.  I so needed my early quiet time with Him.  Old habits are hard to break, but new ones are so worth the effort.  

No comments:

Post a Comment